Welcome to MicroCore Labs
Welcome to Edward's project website, MicroCore Labs! Recently I have been working on ultra-small footprint, microsequencer based, embedded processor cores which can be implemented in any FPGA or ASIC technology. Some of the cores include the 8086/8088 compatible MCL86 and the 8051 compatible MCL51 cores. I have also implemented a Lockstep Quad Modular Redundant system which uses the MCL51 core. An application note is available under the Applications tab and a video demonstration is available on my YouTube channel.
At this time I believe my cores hold the records for:
- World's smallest implementations of the Intel 8088/8086 and Intel 8051 processors.
- World's only cycle compatible Intel 8088 core.
- World's only four-core 8051 microcontroller.
- World's only lockstep quad modular redundant microcontroller that can rebuild itself.
- The MCL86 used to create the world's fastest PCjr!!!
- The MCL86 is the only core that has successfully run the 8088 MPH demo.
Please check out the Links tab to see some press written by my friends at EE Times, Embedded.com and Xilinx.